On Saturday, May 11, 2013 Glamorous Entertainment along with the following sponsors hosted a Mother's Day Makeover to a lovely and deserving mom in Atlanta, GA.
* Glam Shop Online - www.GlamShopOnline.com - @GlamShopOnline (Instagram)
* Hilarys Hideaway - www.HilarysHideaway.com - @HilarysHideaway (Instagram)
* Boss Lady United - www.BossLadyUnited.com - @BossLadyInc (Instagram)
* Sabrina Rochelle's Couture Closet Boutique - www.sabrinarochelle.com - @SabrinaRochelle_dotcom (Instagram)
* Dare To Have Hair - www.daretohavehair.com - @DareToHaveHair_ (Instagram)
Needless to say, the sponsors all chose the same winner and check out her story below.
My name is [removed for privacy] pronounced [removed for privacy] and I'm a [removed for privacy] year old mother of two. I live in [removed for privacy] county, which it made a year on the 23rd of April. I originally came down to visit and get away from my chaotic life back in [removed for privacy]. I was trying to obtain some sense of freedom since leaving my children's father of six years. That relationship nearly broke not to mention kill me. On July 4th 2011 I was the victim of a brutal attack by someone that I thought I would one day spend the rest of my life with. I had a concussion and my body had everything to show for it. From welts all the way down to gauges. I was at my lowest point. I couldn't give up for the sake of my little girls, ages 2 and 3. Unemployed and delayed from continuing school I struggled trying to provide not only the best life I could of planned for myself but for the life I would always want for my babies. With no one to turn to I packed my bags, the kids, and my car and headed on the road with my phone serving as my gps. I got here still with no plan or no means to really do for myself but it all seemed like it was finally coming together. I found a job, a temporary gig, but something that could help me in the mean time. I lost my car, something I didn't foresee happening. And I managed to finally move into my own place just this past month. However, as if things couldn't get worse, I lost my job due to medical issues, I still don't have a reliable vehicle, well no car at all, my place hasn't been furnished so we're sleeping on a blow up mattress. And eating in the dining room on a card table and folding chairs. I have not a clue of what I plan on doing now or if I even have a plan but I know one thing...I cannot give up. You see for me that is not an option even I wanted it to be. My hair hasn't been done in months, I haven't been shopping for myself or the kids in I don't know how long, and I don't know how I will continue to provide this lovely home I've saved for any longer. I know I don't have much but the little that I do have I'm grateful for. The beauty in this is...even if I don't win this contest I at least got the opportunity to release some of these things off my chest. If we never speak again please spread my story. Trust me this is just a minor piece of it.
Check out some pictures from the Makeover:
Since the makeover, she has been blessed with employment and she is looking forward to rebuilding her life for her daughters.
Special Thank You's To:
- Glamorous Entertainment - Transportation and Event Planning
- Glam Shop Online - Wardrobe
- Hilary's Hideaway - Hair Styling, Transportation, Children's clothing and assistance with donations from other sources
- Dare To Have Hair - Extensions and Monetary Donation
- Boss Lady United - Monetary Donation
- Sabrina Rochelle's Couture Closet Boutique - Accessories, Flowers, Card and monetary donation sponsored by Publix Supermarket
- Jordyn - Transportation
- Primped and Pretty Hair Salon - Light Refreshments and Pampering